The course “How To Earn Extra Income By Being A Sports Writer” is based upon the sports writing experiences by Mountain Woods Media, LLC Vice President Steve Phillips. Phillips has over 12 years of sports and news writing and reporting experience for various newspapers while living in Indiana. He also won the United Press International “Sports Writer of the Year” Award for small daily newspapers.
Throughout the course lectures, students will learn how they can take some basic writing skills – and their love for sports – and combine them into a new freelance, part-time or full-time career.
“I started writing for a high school newspaper and worked my way up to covering sporting events on the weekends while a junior in high school,” says Phillips. “Later, while a college student I earned a full-time sports writing opportunity at a larger daily newspaper.”
“How To Earn Extra Income By Being A Sports Writer” covers:
- How to be a sports writer with little or no experience.
- How a lack of a college degree shouldn’t prevent you from being a sports writer.
- Why your age doesn’t matter.
- How to gain sports writing experience and learn more about sports.
- How and when is the right time to apply for a sports writing job.
- How to get your sports writing articles published today.
- How to write sports profiles; features; game previews and game coverage articles.
- How to find other sports writing opportunities where you live.
Overall, the two-hour course features 20 lectures and quizzes. Students will be able to participate in online question-and-answer discussions with other students and with Phillips. Mountain Woods Media, LLC will announce “office hours” soon in which students will be able to connect live via Skype for more one-on-one training and instruction at no additional charge.
“How To Earn Extra Income By Being A Sports Writer” is currently available for $19 and can be purchased at: https://udemy.com/sports-writer.