You can ignore Google if you focus on local SEO techniques. You will also avoid the dreaded “ranking stress.”
Local businesses – florists, plumbers, roofers, lawyers, dentists and many others – spend way too much time (and money) trying to earn higher rankings in Google and other search engines.
There are many other online marketing opportunities in which your local company can connect with new customers who need to find you for products and services.
If you focus on these techniques, not only will you earn more traffic to your website (and more customers), but your Google ranking will take care of itself. In addition, you’ll save yourself a lot of time; money and “ranking stress.”
Instead of Google rankings, work on:
- Claim, confirm and optimize your business profile in Yelp, CitySearch, Manta and other review and mapping websites. Business information needs to be accurate and consistent in all review websites.
- Make sure your Yelp profile is 100% complete. Include pictures and make sure you mention the location (city, town, etc.) of your business in the “About Us” section. Currently, there are over 130 million Yelp users per month and many of them use the Yelp app. In addition, Yelp typically appears in the Top 10 Google search results on many local search terms. A high ranking in Yelp is an automatic high ranking in Google.
- Create a blog for your company website and write 2-3 blog posts per week. Typically, blogs shouldn’t be about you or your company. Instead, offer free advice to your readers on how to solve a problem; tips on how to save money, etc. Being helpful is much better than trying to convince readers that you have the best products and services.
- Participate in social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Again, be helpful; offer advice and tips; start and engage in conversations.
- Take and publish pictures. Customers will stay on your profile page; website; blog, etc. two-and-a-half times longer if you publish pictures than they do with pages without pictures. Everyone on your staff should take pictures in the office; out in the field; on service calls; at conferences, etc. Local pictures do best for local businesses trying to gain more local customers.
This simple list is just a start, but these tips will definitely help you earn more local traffic to your website and gain more sales from new and existing customers. In addition, your Google ranking will improve, but local businesses shouldn’t worry so much about link building and Page Titles. A “local” focus will generate local business.
For more information on local search engine optimization; local marketing and online review websites, check out our courses here on Udemy:
Earn More Sales By Increasing Local Traffic To Your Website
Promote Your Business and Earn More Sales by Mastering Yelp
Online Reputation Management: Handling Negative Reviews