Our first app – “Little Sparky’s Forest Fire Game” – was created from a neat idea while roasting marshmallows with friends during a cookout.
Ideas can quickly fizzle out, unless you see them through to fruition.
In creating “Little Sparky,” we experienced:
- Learning emerging technology in developing apps and new techniques – a different chapter from our current search engine optimization business of nearly 10 years.
- Meeting some new friends from all over the world that were more than willing to help and share advice.
- Traveling to San Diego for a Memorial Day weekend conference to talk about apps; interstitials; iTunes Connect; Nextpeer, and provisioning profiles…just to name a few geek topics.
- Working with – and dismissing – three app developers who promised the moon to try to earn our business (and our money), yet none of them could get our app submitted properly and approved by Apple.
- Learning everything in our own way – slowly and carefully, but making sure our code work and testing was accurate.
We still tripped on a few stumps along the way and Apple did reject our first two submissions for “Little Sparky,” but our app was finally approved on June 19, 2013. Please pass a piece of celebration cake!
We’re newbies. We admit it. As of this writing, we have two more apps “Waiting For Review” in iTunes Connect. On the sidelines, artwork has been completed for five additional apps.
Our journey here has just started…