When potential customers and clients search for you or your business, what’s appearing in Google search results?
- Negative reviews?
- Bad publicity or news?
- Cyber Bullying?
- A false and damaging RipOff Report?
- Mugshots? Lawsuits?
- Something worse?
If so, then you should consider implementing an “Online Reputation Management” program.
Online Reputation Management (ORM) is a process of controlling the reputation of a business or an individual online. It also includes creating and building a positive online reputation.
The biggest internet problem facing businesses and individuals today are negative – and sometimes false – reviews. Unfortunately, it is very easy to create fake accounts and post negative reviews about a business on Google Places, Yelp, CitySearch, etc. that can be very damaging to a business. Steps will need to be taken to make sure these reviews are properly removed.
In other cases, negative reviews; newspaper articles; arrest records, etc., cannot be expunged from website and search engines without legal assistance and possible litigation. Instead, you’ll need to take other steps to deal with these problems.
The idea behind ORM is to create and promote the positive news about a company and/or an individual while pushing down the negative (and sometimes false) news in a controlled style.
Some of these tactics can include – but are not limited to:
- Deescalating a client’s temptation to respond and post more emotional content.
- When possible, properly reporting defamatory content using appropriate language and techniques webmasters use.
- Writing, publishing and optimizing a blog.
- Optimizing white papers, articles, a portfolio and other company materials and alternative media.
- Writing news articles.
- Writing press releases.
- Becoming active – or more active – in social media.
Individuals can also be damaged by an online reputation based on news reports (arrest, lawsuit, etc.) and/or posts appearing in social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). These can have a negative impact on applying to college; scholarships and employment opportunities.
DoSomething.org indicates that 68% of teens agree that cyber bullying is a serious problem and only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse. Ongoing, repetitive cyber bullying can harm a student’s self-esteem and increase stress for an entire family often leading to poor school performance, depression and in extreme cases, suicide.
Within the past year, we have helped:
- A heating and cooling company bury a false RipOff Report.
- A pediatrician, who was receiving negative media reports due to a pending lawsuit.
- Provide coping strategies to an individual being harassed by a gang on Facebook.
- Several individuals resolve family or relationship problems on multiple social media sites and forums.
- Business owners being undermined unfairly by former employees and competitors.
- An attorney who was arrested (although the charges were later dropped).
- A doctor who was being slandered by a personal blog.
- A professional trying to change firms and protect his family from a colleague’s negative publicity.
Like search engine optimization, ORM is not an overnight project. It might take time based on the severity of the negative news.
The best way to avoid an online reputation management problem is to always have an ORM process in place. Businesses and individuals should always be working on ORM by writing regular articles; creating blog posts on a regular basis; participating appropriately in social media; writing press releases; creating videos and podcasts and more.
If you or your business is currently suffering from a negative online reputation problem, we can help. We have over 11 years of online reputation management and search engine optimization experience. Always professional, we work in strict confidence (NDA upon request).
Contact us below to hire us to help you or your firm with ORM.
How to Hire Us
We invoice payments directly for individualized consulting projects or long term clients via Paypal billing.
If you are seeking a customized consulting solution, let us know via email sent to “consulting” at our domain or by using the contact form below:
For Paypal billing or additional questions contact us directly using this web form.
Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *
Honest and Ethical Guarantee
If you can’t give us a 5 star review, please let us know and we will fix it to your satisfaction or refund your payment. 100% satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked.